For the last 24 years, the ABC 7 Gibbons 5K Run and 3K Walk has proven itself as a landmark event in the Chicagoland area and is a major fundraiser for the Leukemia Research Foundation.
Each year on the third Thursday evening in June, more than 2,000 people gather along Chicago’s downtown lakefront to run, walk and raise funds in search of a cure for all blood cancers.
- Event/Venue Location: Upper Hutchinson, Grant Park, Chicago IL
- Distance: Running, 5K Chip timed run and a 3K walk, reduced fees for registrants under 12, 5K
- Event Website: http://www.gibbons5k.com
- Registration URL: http://www.gibbons5k.com
- Email: Click here
- Event Phone: 847-424-0600
- Timing: yes
- Video: https://youtu.be/dOBI1Gqx7ok